Inverter not getting power from batteries

Started by YYC403, June 07, 2021, 04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YYC403

So to clarify, I'm a RV newbie as a whole, this is my first motorhome/RV so still learning what's what and an older unit adds to the fun.

I have 2 new Costco 6V golf cart batteries running in series, and the unit came with a PD9130 inverter with the adapter for smart charging, however the inverter doesn't power up/supply power to the coach unless the shore line is plugged into my generator/external power source.

The coach interior lights do work off battery power, and I have the wires from the inverter connected to the batteries as they should be...positive off the one battery for positive connection and same for negative off the other battery....but yeah the inverter doesn't power on until I plug the unit it.

Am I missing something simple or is there a potential issue at hand?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

Elandan2

I am a little confused here. A Progressive Dynamics 9130 is a converter not an inverter. It supplies 12 volt power to charge the batteries and provide power to the 12 volt circuits when plugged in to shore power or using the generator. An inverter supplies 110 volt power to the coach from the batteries.
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

TerryH

Quote from: Elandan2 on June 07, 2021, 05:11 PM
I am a little confused here. A Progressive Dynamics 9130 is a converter not an inverter. It supplies 12 volt power to charge the batteries and provide power to the 12 volt circuits when plugged in to shore power or using the generator. An inverter supplies 110 volt power to the coach from the batteries.

As Rick said.
It sounds like your converter is working exactly as it should.
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

YYC403

Well I'm dumb haha, I thought the PD was responsible for the coach power outlets as well.

The original Phillips converter is still back there too but I'll guess it's just not in use?

So the only way to get power to the coach outlets is to be running off shore power and the batteries will only get used by the interior coach lights?

Sorry for the dumb questions

Edit - Nvm googled it and looks like I need to buy an invertor, thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Elandan2

No dumb questions here. We all had to start somewhere  ;)
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

Oz

The only dumb question is the one that isn't asked.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca