The Adventure Bus has pulled in to the station

Started by KennyandJohnnyShow, May 05, 2021, 12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KennyandJohnnyShow

My buddy Kenny and I purchased an 85 Chieftain 27 that is gonna be in mod mode shortly to refit her for some backroad adventuring.  We've had another old van chassis we've been working on but found a smokin' deal on this rig and couldn't pass it up. $500 bucks for a complete, un-molested, good shape for it's age, running, driving RV.  ...found this page and signed on to get up to speed.  Looking forward to learning lots.

Johnny

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

RVSTEVE

Hey Johnny, Great score! I bet you didn't know the suggested list price for that rig is currently $31,613 according to NADA book values (https://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/1985/Winnebago/M-26RB/3035313/Values). Lowball value is $8,500. Depending on what State you are registering it in they may go by the book value to charge you their sales tax when you apply for a title.  I know all this because I just purchased a 1970 Lifetime Premier for $1,500 and had to pay $500+ dollars in sales taxes because the rig has a book value of $10,000+. I was very surprised to see these old RV's hold their value.                Steve

Oz

The NADA "guide" is waaay off on their values in comparison to what the vintage Motorhomes actually sell for.  No idea how they get their numbers, but they're totally misleading.

RVSTEVE

That may be the case in regard what they actually sell for, but what some States go by when one is applying for a title is specifically the NADA values and that will affect the tax amount needed to be paid. I couldn't get around it when I registered my rig as they asked for the "NADA value" on the title application and asked for a copy of the NADA page where it states it and  it had  to be submitted with Motor Vehicle papers.             Steve

Oz

eXodus

as far as I know NADA collects prices from dealer sales around the country.

So some dealer might take one mint garaged model as a trade in and sell of for crazy prices - nothing which goes on the private used market.

eXodus

Welcome Adventure Bus.

I'm driving the Adventure Express :P  :)clap