Introducing.... Another winne owner

Started by David.lgtwks, April 07, 2021, 12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David.lgtwks

Hi, this seems to be the place for me. I bought a 1978 winne class A ( 26' )to restore. Well, at this point more of a restro-mod. The old truck has been loved by a few over the years. Has 90k on the 440, and the last owner got her to really run good with a msd and  new carburetor. Around 20 years ago someone traveled around a lot, and did a bunch of work with suspension, air bags, brakes, and rear gearing. ( I suspect because of how well and how fast it goes)
I'm the third guy to have it since, and the one to finish the rv with body work, paint, and interior, and have come up with my own plan inside.  A larger shower, my own table area, and bed in the rear. I have replaced the big windows, and I'm using pvc wave panels inside to cover the inside walls. (lightweight) I  have striped and sanded the ceiling with stain. Very different, but amazing.
  I'm very sure once I put it on the road, lots of things will show themselves, and I will have lots of questions.
David.lgtwks

Oz

Hello and welcome!  Sounds like its been well cared for and greatly enjoyed.  Now, it's in your hands to carry on the tradition.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Elandan2

Welcome. Sounds like you've got a really good base to start!! Don't forget to post pictures of your renos, it sounds quite interesting.
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

David.lgtwks

Thanks guys and gals.!!  I have always wanted a Winnebago. And the 78 I have is not like Dave's.( he is a kinda famous winne owner)  My windshield has a slope. Pics coming, I'm spending as much time as possible to have it ready for this summer. Back to work!
David.lgtwks