Where do these climate control hoses connect?

Started by Winningbago, April 04, 2021, 10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winningbago

Hello!

I opened the cover for the climate control and two of the hard plastic air hoses came loose. I believe they were attached to the beige colored piece that is circled. Any idea what that beige colored piece is called, or what the plastic hoses control?

My climate control only seems to blow out of the defrost vents by the windshield. I can turn my A/C on and off via the controls, but I don't believe it's charged (low on R12 perhaps?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Rickf1985

Depends on the vehicle but most of them have the heater control out front on the passenger side and there are usually two vacuum controls out there that connect to those lines. Plus one inside for the blend door.

Winningbago

Thanks Rick, I ended up finding out where everything went! Your old posts were a BIG help in realizing that these were Mopar/Dodge climate controls. I ended up breaking the little beige connector that held the two vacuum lines (green and gray) as well as the one on the back that held the other 4 vacuum lines. I bought a a couple feet of the narrowest rubber vacuum hose that O'Reilly's carried to connect everything. This not only makes it easier to put back together but also put back in..

I'm not sure if the photos show up in my original posting but I added them

Oz

Congrats on getting it back together! And yes, your photos are visible. Thanks for adding them.  Pix are always helpful.
:) :)ThmbUp
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Winningbago

Thanks Oz! You have no idea how stressed I was that I broke something on the stupid climate control because finding any information about the internals is darn near impossible. Only once the broken beige piece fell OFF did I realize it was just a chintzy vacuum tube connector that had gotten brittle over the decades lol. Using the new thin rubber vacuum tubing to mate the colorful vacuum hoses to the ports made it so much easier

Just so other people may know, there is another similar beige connector on the back with 4 thin colored vacuum hoses. I broke this by mistake too, and also fixed it with new thin rubber vacuum tubing. This is the diagram for the backside:

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

eXodus

Thanks for putting in this diagram.

Trying to figure out how to get air simultaneous to the windshield/floor AND the dash ducts, while running Max A/C...

Would like to have the option.