radiator and steering parts

Started by Penney, March 29, 2021, 01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penney

We just bought (without a safety check, I'm afraid) a 1987 Winnebago Windcruiser and we can't find Chev parts for the steering and we can't find a radiator. Plus a bunch of other stuff, but those are the biggies. Does anyone know where can get these parts?

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

tmsnyder

What chassis is this on?   Is it a Class C built on a van chassis or is it a Class A built on a P30 chassis?   Or is it something else?

Penney

Thanks - just heard about it. Will follow up.

Penney

It's a Class A built on a Chevy P30 chassis. We're getting a new rad built but still need steering parts and a bunch of other stuff.

Pargin4

X2 on Rock Auto - several steering parts listed for the '87 P30 depending on what you need.
Not a huge selection on radiators though - your choice to have one built may be best.

Rickf1985

Based on the date this was posted you probably already got your radiator but they are easily available in aluminum from the aftermarket. That is what I put on mine and it flows better than the old copper one and cools better too. Steering parts can be Rock Auto for some but if you need the two idler arm assemblies, and I pretty much guarantee you do, then Supersteer is going to be about your only choice. They are pricey at about 300 each but they are built on tapered roller bearings and will never ever go bad. The originals are no longer available.

eXodus

You can go to Amazon - go to the car part section.

Go to the garage and create a "Chevrolet p30" vehicle for that year.
Then you can filter for parts in the Amazon search.

Further you can get a lot of nice expensive stuff from Supersteer for the suspension:

https://supersteerparts.com/chevy-workhorse-p30-32-chassis/