Tune up parts - '84 454

Started by c farmer, October 07, 2020, 07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c farmer

Since I have a '82 454, can I just get the parts for a '82 3500 chevy truck.
I think I can but wanted to check here first.
Thanks.

tmsnyder

Is it on a P30 chassis?   That should be in the computer for them to look up. 

c farmer

TerryH

Tune up parts will be the same. Engine rebuild parts - not necessarily. One thing to be aware of is the extreme heat created by a big block enclosed in a dog house, particularly with OEM exhaust manifolds. Common issue with this is plug leads. Do not eliminate heat shields and get the best and highest recommended leads you can.
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

c farmer

Thank you sir for the info.   Shes thankfully not ready for a rebuild.  Just has a miss from time to time.  Manifolds are good and not leaking.

Winningbago

You can search for parts with a 3500, but there are some differences when you're looking for particular things (shocks, coolant hoses, hydroboost, brake equipment, etc...)

Let's say you're on RockAuto.com, just type in your rig: "1982 P30 454" and all your parts will be there for you. Most of the time they even list when it's a motorhome specific part.

I've also searched as a "P30" on O'Reilly's Auto Parts and Autozone's websites. The P30 was a very common chassis and any reputable place will have a P30 listing for parts. Even Amazon!