Started by RVSTEVE, March 18, 2021, 06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RVSTEVE

Hi All, So glad to find this forum as I just purchased a 1970 Lifetime Premier 23' Motorhome with a golden 318-3 motor. Rig only has 32,000 plus miles. It was kept in a barn and the M300 chassis is in perfect shape. I heard Lifetime Corp. collaborated with Winnebago to make their first motorhome in 1966 called Winnebago Premier and then split up in 1970 and made their own Motorhomes, Premier  being one of five models. My research shows the Dodge M-series chassis were made for the military and are heavy duty.
The rig showed up where I have storage on a flatbed trailer practically right next to my locker. Looked it over and couldn't believe it had no rust underneath and the exterior was in perfect condition. Found out the owner was the storage facility owner and when I paid my monthly fee I asked what's the deal with the motorhome. He said someone asked him to haul it away. I asked him if he would sell it to me and he said he would and did cheaper than I could have imagined. The motor still has the blue paint on the valve covers. Looks new. Last time I had a motorhome was when I was 36 , 34 years ago, and it was a converted 1954 Flxble Motorcoach with a 396 motor and 6 speed Allison trans. with the motor in the rear of the bus. Love old vehicles and could't pass up the Lifetime Premier. It runs but has no brakes. No problem for me except possibly finding brake parts and hoping that won't be a problem.  Glad to be back working on a classic motorhome. Plan on heading out west to visit family once I get it roadworthy and inspected.         

Oz

Hello and welcome!

You're an owner of the rarer, "newer" LTPs.
Not many were made.  Lots of info here on the dodge chassis.

I sent you a PM in regard to the manual.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

joanfenn

Great to see you.  We like pictures here, so post lots and any questions you have someone on here will surely be able to answer for you.

Oz

PM means "Private Message"
The "My Mail" tab on the main nav bar.  You'll see a number in parenthesis next to it which shows the number of new messages you have.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

LJ-TJ

:)clap Hey RVstev Welcome aboard. Sounds like you scored a sweet ride. Yep! We like pictures. There's tons of info here and the only dumb question here is the one you don't ask. :)ThmbUp

RVSTEVE

I will be posting some photos soon as soon as I get my camera/computer act together.  I still can't get over how the LTP was brought to me, 30 feet from my storage locker. I had a suspicion it was meant for me as soon as I looked at it.  My lady does not know I bought it and will surprise her when I get it roadworthy hopefully before summer. She did look at with me originally  but neither one of us  knew what were looking at having never heard of LTP's. She brushed it off and I did the research later and realized what a find it was. I had to look up the book value to figure the taxes on the sale for registration and Book value was ten times what I paid for it. Evidently LTPs hold their value or maybe all RV's do. I am no expert on this but that was a surprise.