87 Minnie Winnie w/ chevy chassis fuel delivery issue

Started by BuckandLady, January 13, 2021, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuckandLady

Greetings, new winnebago owner here badly in need of some help. recently had 12 v power outlet stop working after a rainstorm, so I proceeded to check / replace some fuses . Throughout this process I managed to unplug some wires accidentally and now the rv no longer runs. I believe all wires are plugged in right and I am inclined to believe the fuel pump relay is the source of my problem now.(have spark). Only problem is I can't find the damn thing to test/replace it (picked up a universal 4 prong. Can anybody possibly provide me a picture of the relay showing what it looks like and the location? Any help would be appreciated extremely appreciated as I've been beating my head against the wall here!

Thanks,
Buck

AliceKelly

I have a 1984 chevy g30 miniwinnie.  My 350 doesn't have an electric fuel pump.  It's mechanical in the front passenger side of the engine behind smog pump.

You should have only four 12v plugs in the cabin and they aren't controlled through the engine.  At least mine aren't.

They run off your batteries which is charge through your on board inverter under your back couch / bed.

As I understand it your girl won't start after messing in the rear fuses.  The only thing connecting the two is the switch for emergencies by the frond driver side shoulder.

I would temporarily disconnect the switch and get a jump off a truck.  Hit it with a ton of starter fluid

If with starter fluid it starts and dies its the mechanical fuel pump. If it doesn't start at all you have no spark.  Re gap all plugs and. Clean them.  Check cap Rotor and coil.  I'd replace the coil just for giggles they cheap.  And replace the Ignition module also cheap... Make sure you have spark a d fuel.

Once started check your alternator by removing one battery cable while running. If it dies your alternator is bad.

Lastly try all these things and keep posting here.  We will be watching to help

BuckandLady

It's actually due to/after messing with the front fuses by the drivers feet. I have already tested for spark by pouring a small amount of gas in the carb, so it is confirmed to have spark . That's why at this point I believe it to be a fuel delivery issue. Thanks though!

Oz

Question: how do you know it has spark?  Did it start when you poured the gas in the carb?
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

AliceKelly

That's exactly the point I made before with starter fluid. If it starts its fuel delivery.  But your 89 miniwinnie doesn't have a. Electric fuel pump.  It's mechanical.

Pargin4

I believe that's in the years where it could go either VIN 'N' tbi or VIN 'W' carb for a 7.4.
so the N would have an in-tank pump and a FPR.