Hello from south Florida

Started by claudio and christine, November 15, 2020, 10:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

claudio and christine

I'm in south Florida..... I've had a few Winnebago's..... 84 chieftain 30'.....87 Elandan 31'....... 86 Elandan 37' LE....... and have stayed in many different RV's.........
Currently searching for a 30' Elandan to renovate.....( looking for ideas so if you've redone an Elandan let me know..... )  also trying to convince  the wifey that the RV is fun........
even thinking of getting rid of my project car so I can spend more time/money on the Winnebago Elandan.........

Here's a picture of my old Elandan.......

Oz

Hello and welcome!  There's still a lot of Elandans out there.
Finding someone willing to part with it, well.... lol!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

claudio and christine

I'm already looking at a few but they are far away.....( not in Florida )  out of state far..... and some need tires...... ( not cheap..... )  transporting a Winnebago is also not cheap....so I have to way out the difference between new tires and driving or having it shipped..... all different RV lengths..... I personally want a 37' but that may be to much for her..... so probably a 30' and an Elante(92-94) but Elandan(84-91) is ok also.... specialty the 91  Elandan which is practically an Elante......  you guys have any thoughts on 30' vs 37'.......???
My whole idea behind the post above is to get the word out that I'm Elandan/Elante hunting and that I want ideas for redoing/renovating the interior on Elandan/Elante....
There are quite a few different ways to go about it and I know that a few are on here.... lol 😝
Thanks
Also going price on a decent Elandan is about $4500. ......?? ( fair price....??? )
Thanks again

Oz

Fair price not only depends on condition, location is a major factor.  The fair price could be anywhere from $4,000 to  $15,000.

claudio and christine

For an Elandan......?? I figured like $4500. I can see my self paying more than that for a 30 year old RV that I'm probably going to have to renovate...... the highest I've seen them is like around $8000. And they are not in mint condition......

Oz

Yep. For an Elandan. I don't make the prices, I  just see what they go for on market place and Craig's List.  If you can't see yourself paying half that for one which needs little or no work, the chances of finding one are very slim.  It is what it is.