Introducing Myself

Started by GloryBound, September 29, 2021, 02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GloryBound

My husband and I just became the proud first time owners of a classic 27' Chieftain.  It's a 1984.  It has had years of neglect and we have quite a job in front of us making it livable.  Our goal:  Full-time RV Living!  I'm excited to be here and am eager to learn.  I'll be picking y'all's brains over the next few months, so please bear with me. 
Tanya & Glenn
GloryBound

Oz

Hello and welcome!  The "mobile alternative living option", as I call it, is booming.  Thousands of people become full timers every year, for many reasons.  Takes a lot of adjustments, but it can be a great experience!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

GloryBound

Thank you.  We really can't wait to get into it and start our new chapter, but I'm afraid we have to wait. 

It's turned into quite a project.  Somedays I wonder if we'll every reach the point where we can move in and get on the road.  Trying to find parts for it has been difficult and finding people to help with transmission work and electrical has proven more challenging.  We were shooting for March, but it's not looking like we'll be in it by then. 

If anyone has any suggestions for finding help with electrical we'd be much appreciative. 
Tanya & Glenn
GloryBound

Oz

The member area has P30 manuals which would help a lot!  ;)
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

LJ-TJ

:)ThmbUp Well welcome to the insane asylum. There's more of us here so you should feel right at home. Pictures. We love pictures. Plus it makes it easier for us to help sort things out. Most important thing to remember is the only dumb question here is the one you don't ask. Full timing in a motorhome these days seems to make the most sents. Seems it's the only way for a person to put a roof over their head and keep them out of the damp and cold. Look forward to shareing in your great adventure. Merry Christmas. D:oH!