Does anyone know any information about Silver Streak Motorhomes?

Started by Winnebago Man, November 09, 2020, 02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winnebago Man

Hello everyone. I am sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, I took a guess this would be the best place to post this. Does anyone know anything about the old Silver Streak RV's? I know about the travel trailers, but I don't know anything about the motorhomes, and there is almost zero information about them online. I had seen a picture or two over the years and assumed they were "home grown" but after a lot of research online It looks like they were actually produced. My friend and I actually found one in person recently, but we don't know anything about it. We would love to know what chassis they are on, what years they were made, what engine they have, ect. We searched online the other day trying to learn about them, and only found one old listing of one for sale and it was on a Dodge chassis, but nothing else. I would love to know as much as I can about them, and If someone on here has one please chime in!

Here are 2 pictures I have of the one we saw just so you get an idea.
I love my 1972 Brave and I'm not trying to swap, my friend has just become obsessed with this particular one so I have to ask.   

Thank you so much!

Gavin

joanfenn

Lots of info on the internet.  you just have to dig for it.  Looks good.  But the first thing I thought of was the offspring of an Airstream and a bread truck.  But that is just me.
😊

Oz

Cool RV, and yes, rather rare.
If it's a Dodge, there should be a data plate or sticker just inside the door.  Typically to the left, or like your Brave, with the VIN stamped in the frame.

The VIN will get him started on the chassis, the rest will fall into place.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca