Fuel tank sending unit OHM info needed '75 M300 please.

Started by MercuryCloud, October 28, 2020, 02:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MercuryCloud

Hello I have a 1975 Winnebago Brave with an m300 chassis and I believe it's a 40 gallon steel fuel tank in the front. I removed the back fuel tank and plan to replace it with something different but I want to know what ohms the sending unit is for the one on the front because I removed the whole gauge cluster and tossed it in the trash to build my own and I want to get a fuel gauge instead of using a stick  :) although the stick is accurate.
Each item or accessory in my wiring has its own fuse and toggle switch... so I need to know the ohms to buy the correct aftermarket fuel gauge and also wha minimumt size of fuse to use.
Thank you.

Oz

"I want to get a fuel gauge instead of using a stick, although the stick is accurate."
:D :D :D

Stock Dodge ohm value for gas gauge is 10 ohms (full) to 73 ohms (empty).

Fuse rating = (watts/volts) x 1.25
Say the calculated fuse rating is 2.2679 amps, use a 3 amp fuse. Say the calculated fuse rating is 4.9431 amps, use a 5 amp fuse.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

MercuryCloud

Hey thanks a lot I really appreciate it!
When I hook up the second tank I might put a three-way switch and use the same gauge for both tanks.. assuming that the second tank will have the same ohms.
So you have an Indian model?
I think that's the same size as mine only I think the rocker panel is shorter and maybe you have the 5 lugs and there's an extra vent  windows in the back. I think your front grills has more rails in them too.
I know where there's one sitting and it has the 440. I keep my eye on it for when I ever get a muscle car.... the guy's been renting it for the past 20 years and says it'll never move because he likes it as an apartment😄

Oz

Mine's a '74 D24 Indian.
Using a toggle switch for both tanks is a good idea, as long as you always remember to switch the guage over to the one you're actually using.  Unless you combine the guage selector switch function with the tank selector switch, which would be really nifty.

But, you said you removed the aux tank and are going to use the space for something else...
Hm?
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca