Superchief winter help!!

Started by Xjsport95, November 10, 2020, 10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xjsport95

I have a 31' superchief, I'm looking to spend the winter in it... is the vehicle equipped to stay for the winter? If I keep my furnace on low and use electric heaters with a heater water hose... will my water lines be safe?? I know the tanks are in the basement and not in the underbelly... was told I can put a 60watt bulb down there to keep everything safe, is that true w these older coaches??

Oz

Anything which will keep the area above freezing will work.  It's just figuring which is the best for your needs.

12v automotive incandescent lights, the kind originally used in the coach put off a lot of heat and run off the 12v system.   They can be found cheap in junk yards with RVs.  But, you have to wire them in.

Mini 12v car heaters are another.  Again, you'd have to wire them in

Heat tape is another option.

And yes, people have used regular light bulbs.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Xjsport95

My basement compartments all have lights... prolly just leave them on n take off the lenses?

Oz

Yes, you could do that.  I assume the lights have a manual on/off switch.  If they have a plunger switch on the compartmenr door drames (like car doors), they would have to be disconnected.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

skloon

Where are you staying  ? if northern Alberta or Southern Oregon there will be a difference