Adding a fireplace?

Started by penskepartyof4, August 03, 2020, 09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

penskepartyof4

I want to run a small fireplace inside the RV. That kind that has heating coils and cycles air through. I want to rip out the heater it has now. Any ideas that would be good? We have pets and two kids that might bump a propane unit.
OZ did never give nothing to the tin man, that he didnt already have. -America

Rickf1985

What is wrong with the built in heater?

penskepartyof4

I am pulling out the old unit. I have cleaned them out and lubed them in the past but had to do it again later. I want to strip it down to about nothing next year to make it functional to drive sea to sea our way with what works for us.

It has heating wires like a toaster. Air just passes by. I dont want use propane to heat. No leaks with it. Only lines I want to use is for indoor and outdoor gas tops and oven inside.
Planning on tankless water heater also so that would be plumbed also.

Oz

It would be a project, but totally doable!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Rickf1985

What are you going to run the water heater on?

penskepartyof4

I guess I would have to see if that is tied into the furnace or not. Seems to work fine without the furnace.

penskepartyof4

Propane service works. Furnace works as is. Sadly it might be sold before spending much more time fiddling with it.

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

penskepartyof4

We are looking to buy a house next spring near my home town. Once we do I will take that $30k for the house; $20k for down payment and $10k for repair budget and leverage it to buy a 32 to 34 foot diesel pusher or probably a 4x4 dually and 34 foot 5th wheel/gooseneck. Rig so we can park it to head into towns. Its just easier to drop the trailer and throw the truck up on a hoist. Though it sucks more to pull that long of a load in the wind.