Checking back in after awhile... air bags still available?

Started by Thenoob, September 11, 2020, 07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenoob

Been awhile since I've been on
Had 2 little kids lost focus on moho

But I want to get back to my brave. I have a 73 d18, wanted to see if there was any change to getting airbags on a m300 chassis? I came to a dead end awhile ago
And really want to tackle the drivetrain and suspension 1st

Oz

Welcome back, Sean, good to see you again.  I'm pretty sure they're still available for the rear.  Front ones have been unavailable for several years.

Check on AirLift and Fitestone websites.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Thenoob

Thank you! Was def hoping to find a front situation but back is promising

Oz

I was lucky.  I bought my front ones a couple years before they stopped making them. 
I would bet there's something which would be compatible, with some modification, but that's beyond my ability to figure out. LOL!

Still, the rear ones alone are a major improvement.

Bonebag

I'm looking for rears form my 72 D18 M300. I can only find listings for the years newer than that. Any info on this? thanks

G
72 Brave..resto mod - Disk Conversion - Diesel Heater - Air Bags modified to fit - 318 Holley Sniper

Oz

If you can't find them by airlift or firestone, they don't exist.  I would think '73 or '74 would work, but I can't say for certain, as there could be differences in the suspension I'm not aware of.

Blakradish

I have them on the rear of my'71 Indian D22. I had them put valve extensions on and run them just behind my fender.
My rear left leaf springs where shot so I bought tighter shackles (I think) to bolster the old springs and then the airbags.
Works great.