RV Park Rules

Started by Ray96480, August 31, 2020, 06:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray96480

I've been planning a trip to another state for next month and while looking at the websites of RV parks and campgrounds I was surprised at all the rules these campgrounds have now.  One of them requires you to send in a picture of your RV before they let you call in a reservation.  Another does not want any RV older than 10 years. I understand the need for rules but one place had a page of nothing but rules.  Yeah, I get it, I've seen some rat RV's but I've seen some pretty nice old trailers and motorhomes going down the road too.  One of them said, that after sundown that they don't park you because of the trees and you will have to stay in the parking lot.  The RV Resorts and their opulence and attitude is arrogant.  I have a 2015 Ram Lone Star diesel 4 wheel drive with a 2004 Artic Fox camper, its a nice setup and looks good and new. One place in colorado, when I was checking in with no reservation, suggested that I go find a state or national park for the night, so I did.  I have a 1977 Apollo that I'm fixing up and it seems that an important part of the RV world has shut down the restored RV market.  Just wondered what it does to you that have these older motorhomes and trailers when you go out on the road.

Elandan2

I've always felt that if that is what a campground owner wants then I will go elsewhere to spend my money. There are lots of campgrounds that are clean, well kept, and will gladly welcome you and your rig.
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

Oz

I agree with Rick.  Plenty out there which will welcome you!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca