Source for Vented Gas Caps

Started by Blakradish, August 16, 2020, 03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blakradish

Hi erybody.
I have searched and searched this forum for an actual part# for vented fuel caps for my ââ,¬Ëœ71 Indian. There are dozens of posts On the subject, but none of them give the answer to the actual issue, and when they do, they eventually say it didnââ,¬â,,¢t help.
So, can someone who has actually figured out which VENTED gas caps fit a 1971 Winnebago Indian, and where to find them please help me out. Itââ,¬â,,¢s been frustrating.
Thanks, and I hope everyone is well and safe.
Blake

Oz

It's been quite some time since I got mine and definitely don't remember a part number for it.  Heck I don't even remember WHERE I got it except I DO know it was a common part store.  I took mine in, looked at the ones they had, picked one that looked like it would work, and it did.  Sorry I can't give you more help than that.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Winnebago Man

I am going through the same thing with my 1972 Brave right now. I brought my filler neck in to my local auto parts store (I already had the tank out) and tried a few random gas caps. The one for a 1972 dodge truck fit ok but was a little loose. They ordered one for me to try and it fit perfect but it was plastic so I didn't take it, I am going to go back for that one soon. When I find one that fits I will post a part number here.