Changes, Updates, Additons, Deletions and Fixes to Forum

Started by Oz, August 12, 2020, 11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oz

Hello, all!

I've started reworking the forum again.  You've already noticed some obvious changes, like removing all the left side blocks to reduce visual clutter, minimized number of right side blocks, and condensing of topic boards and elimination of child boards.

I'll be using this topic to update you on changes, additions, and deletions.

So far:

1.  The main forum program has been updated which fixed a few bugs from previous versions.
2.  The database has been updated and upgraded which streamlines data access.
3.  More right side blocks will be deleted.  The ones for membership upgrade and link to store manuals
     will remain.
3.  Some non-essential modifications have been removed (don't worry, they're being compensated)
     and there are currently fewer buttons on the Menu Bar.
4.  Fixed the problem of having your copy/pasted text and links showing up really tin. That was a real
     bummer!  (I was editing any I found and manually fixing them.  That was a bummer too)
5.  Fixed the issue with not everyone being able to see some of the board icons and smileys
6.  Fixed the issue with two, blank lines being inserted into posts when created instead of only one when
     starting a new line with the return button.

What's coming up:

1.  I'm getting a ton of back end errors from the Gallery.  It's old - 2009 and was never updated and
     isn't supported, and the albums and photos can't be imported into any other Gallery program
     (thanks a LOT, SMF!).  So, the current one will continue to be used until all other changes have been
     made to the forum.
2.  Access to our resources, such as:  owner manuals, the member area, Used RV Buyer Checklist,
    Maintenance and travel and Appliance Info logs, etc. will be changed to dropdown selections from
    menu bar buttons.
3. Oh yes, I'm building a true classified ad site.  Not an integrated mod for this one, a stand-alone, web-
    wide one.  Access will be through a menu button.

There will be some other changes you'll just simply see and don't need any explanation of.

Feedback on the changes, once done, is greatly appreciated and any suggestions are welcome!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca