Does Sampson make 8/75 - 16.5 tire?

Started by Froggy1936, August 07, 2020, 03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Froggy1936

Anybody know if Sampson makes a 8/75 16.5 radial tire ?  Price ?  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

Rickf1985

Why don't you go to 16" Frank? That is what the 16.5's morphed into and they are a lot easier and cheaper to find. And the rims are all over the place! You would want a 235/85R-16

Froggy1936

Do you know what years chev trucks used the 235/85R-16 wheels * tires 8 bolt pattern And will they clear the front calipers ? Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

Rickf1985

Quote from: Froggy1936 on August 07, 2020, 09:48 PM
Do you know what years chev trucks used the 235/85R-16 wheels * tires 8 bolt pattern And will they clear the front calipers ? Frank
I don't know what year they started but my 84 has them and I know that same truck in 82 had them so at least 82 on up to current. As far as clearing the front calipers I don't see why they shouldn't, that was a common wheel swap for many years. You should be able to ask in about any tire shop if it would work. Then again, thinking about that statement, 16" tires are now considered obsolete since they have been replaced with 17, 18, 19,20. The people that did most of the 16.5 to 16 swaps are all old and retired like us! I am going to say it will fit since you are only talking a quarter inch difference in height at the caliper and they are probably the same calipers. Chevy did not change parts like a lot of companies did all the time. I will do a bit of research and see what I can find for you. Just as an aside the duallies usually used 215/85-16 tires but on my Dodge I upgraded to the 235 with no sidewall clearance issues. If you are going with new wheels and tires any tire shop will usually test fit a set of the bigger tires on one side to check the clearance between the tires for you no charge since if they fit them the shop gets a sale on 6 tires. If they don't fit the shop gets a sale on 6 tires of the other size but either way they have a satisfied customer. If they won't do that find a different shop!