Cork flooring

Started by Elandan2, December 08, 2008, 12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3x2x4sp389

Sent: 27/04/2006 10:04 AM

Hello all, have been surfing for alternatives to carpet and ran across cork laminate interlocking squares as a nice looking possibility. It has many positive features like insulating sound and temp, resistant to stains and moisture, termites hate it and it comes in many colors and patterns. My big concern is flexing with the floor but since it is not glued . . .
There are also a couple of soft spots in the existing floor that could be collapsed foam? Has anyone tried drilling some holes in the soft areas and spraying in expanding insulating foam? I might try it - what the heck!

3x2x4sp389

Sent: 09/05/2006 9:13 PM

I have since discovered Tarkett

http://www.tarkett-floors.com/floors/site/en-us/topic/residential_laminate/offer.asp

and am going with the Florida Seagrass - it's going to look tikirific!

ClydesdaleKevin

Sent: 26/06/2006 8:53 PM

After just installing a washer/dryer in our rig, which said process damaged the linoleum, my wifey and I were thinking about cork...until she saw what it looks like finished...lmao.  Lets just say that in our opinion it doesn't look much more "finished" than the bare plywood which will take me hours to scrape down to...we decided on linoleum tiles in a strategic dirt/pet hair hiding pattern, although we ALMOST went for Pergo...weight is a factor.

Kev

Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.