Need M500 Rear Brake Drums

Started by Ray96480, August 09, 2020, 08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray96480

1977 26' Apollo, Several, several years ago one of the rv salvage houses was advertising new 5 lug M500 brake drums.  I should have bought a pair of them but didn't.  So my question is - is there a place to acquire these drums?  Recently, I had my tires replaced and  the tire service guy that came to the house told me I had a loose lug, but he told me after he put it all back together.  I am wondering if the Budd stud is loose, are they pressed in or do they have a nut on the inside of the drum?  And where to get the stud, and the inner and outer nut?  I haven't gone into the rear hubs yet but I am prepping to see what nightmare that is in store for me.  Where can I find hub seals, bearings and such.  May not need them but if i find them I want to buy them.

Oz

Give Geoff at Alretta a call.  He's been supplying our members with the hard to find parts for 20 years.

He knows these rigs and gets you the right part, the first time!

www.alretta.com
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Ray96480

I shall give them a call, thanks.

Oz

Let us know his advice.
Part numbers of the parts would be really useful in the future for anyone needing them, so it woukd be great if you would add them here.  :) :)ThmbUp
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca