Forum looks great!

Started by ClydesdaleKevin, August 11, 2020, 08:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClydesdaleKevin

I'm not sure if Mark changed something on the website, or if something on my computer changed.  But for the first time in well over a year I can see all of the icons and emojis on the website now, as of this morning!

It looks great!  Feels like coming home...lol!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Oz

Thank you, Kevin!  Now that you've settled into your much anticipated and hard earned retirement life, it's good to see you poking around here again!

A few issues I had to contend with.  I had two important updates to do, but I modified the forum so much, they wouldn't take and the database needed to be updated really badly as well.  I felt all the mods I added we're really beneficial, but once this mod adds code to several files, then the next one, then the next... I've got like a dozen mods... plus, some were mods I added years ago and can't get now. So, I'm painfully extracting all but the most essential mods now.

But, the big hurdle has been jumped and the important updates have been made

And as you see, I've done things to streamline navigation and reduce the visual clutter. 
I condensed boards so there are no more "child" boards.  Just one, simple list, like it used to be. That may even be reduced more, maybe.

I removed all left side blocks on the forum itself.  The message boards were sandwiched between all the informational blocks making it less likely for members to look at them.  Basically, TMI, above, below, and on each side. 

I'm not stopping there, though.  I will be further reducing amount of visual area people need to cover to see the info we have available;  Almost all of it, except the biggest items: service manual and membership upgrade blocks, will accessed through nav bar buttons.  I think that will help a lot with people actually noticing and getting all the incredible resources we have.

Ever upward!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

ClydesdaleKevin

Keep up the great work, Mark!  The site just keeps getting better and better!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.