Interior Light ID etc needed

Started by mytoolman, July 19, 2020, 01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mytoolman

Hi All I hope you are well. I am looking to restore the vintage light fixtures in my 1973 Superior. They currently use 2 1156 bulbs per light. I have 6 of these. Can anyone tell me where I can find lenses? Also if someone knows who manufactured these also...I have NOT removed one and dont want to just to search for the brand and that info if someone here can steer me in the correct direction....I like the size and shape these 6 lights have and want to retain them using LED replacements for the incandescent bulbs if I can find lenses... this rig came to me without a single lense for these lights so I wouldnt know what one looks like without seeing it on a website etc. So far I have not been able find anything on the internet but my search skills could be improved...share the manufacturer if you know it and who might have lenses....please. They are 5-1/2" Wide by 10-1/2" long for the outside dimensions.
Also have "Ethyl" 1955 Ford C600 equipped as a rolling tool store(ETTT)."Brutus" 1972 Ford F250 60k original miles. "Panzer" 1976 MBZ 450SL Roadster.

Froggy1936

"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

Oz

Possibly eBay for the lenses, but you may have to go with complete fixtures since it's highly unlikely that just the lenses can be found for the age of our RVs.

As for LED bulb replacements, take a look at this topic.  Although it was started when LED lights first started comung out, the replies run up to just a couple years ago.

https://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php?topic=14022.0

You can also use the search feature at the upper right corner.

Enter Your search key words, "LED light", thenclick on the right dropdown and scroll to the bottom to "Google" and click on that.   It seems to work best.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca