Bench testing Evans Heater/Defroster?

Started by LJ-TJ, July 14, 2020, 06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ-TJ

I bow to superior knowledge and experience. I'm trying to bench test my Evans heater and defroster and can't get it to spool up. I have three wires.Orange, Yellow and Red. I've tried red to + and yellow to -. I've tried Orange to - and any and all combinations with know luck. Any help would be much appreciated.  Hm? D:oH!

Rickf1985

Have you tried grounding the heater chassis? The three wires may all be hot wires for the three blower speeds and the ground may be the chassis.  If this is still mounted in the vehicle then that is probably moot unless the ground to the body is bad.

LJ-TJ

D:oH! Never crossed my mine.I'll give it a try. It's out of the bago. I wanted to see if it ran before I pull the bad one and put this one in. Sometimes yeah just can't see the forest for the tree. Thanks Rick

LJ-TJ

:)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao D:oH! What an idiot. Yep! Grounded the heater to the negative side of the battery and poof off she went. Oh! Lesson number two. After it's been sitting around for 40 years and has been making a good home for the local mice. DON'T stand in front of it when you fire it up. ???  Yep! you guessed it. Thanks again Rick. She works like a dream

Rickf1985

So, Does Canadian mouse crap taste better than US mouse crap? :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

LJ-TJ

Yes Sir E, I couldn't keep this old girl on the road with out all your's help. Don't think for a minute I don't appreciate all the help you lads are. Even when I ask the silliest of questions you always come through for me. Thanks Guys. :)ThmbUp

Rickf1985

But you didn't answer my question. Does it or doesn't it? :D :D