How are you covering your cab-over window?

Started by ahl10492, July 13, 2020, 09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahl10492

Hey guys - wondering if anyone had suggestions for me? The cab over window is letting in a lot of heat (plus I donââ,¬â,,¢t want anyone looking at my while Iââ,¬â,,¢m sleeping  ??? ) and Iââ,¬â,,¢m trying to think of the best way to cover it. Looks like the PO removed the tracks if there were any, and the angle the window is on would make a normal rod/curtain useless. Any idea?

skloon

I used that silver bubble wrap insulation- the silver did start to come off after a couple of years but kept it darker up there

TerryH

Short answer is use two rods - one top, one bottom. Assume you have and can use a sewing machine, everyone should. Hem top and bottom of the curtain, feed the rods through each hem.
Long answer is the prime water leak point for a Class C is the forward facing over bunk window. Prime water leak point otherwise regardless of class are the forward facing clearance lights. I would suggest you (long term) seriously consider eliminating the over bunk window. There is a lot of info on ways to do this here and on the internet.
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

ahl10492

Quote from: skloon on July 13, 2020, 11:26 PM
I used that silver bubble wrap insulation- the silver did start to come off after a couple of years but kept it darker up there

Do you have a link? Iââ,¬â,,¢m trying to find one thatââ,¬â,,¢s long enough and maybe just Velcro it

ahl10492

Unfortunately I donââ,¬â,,¢t have access to a sewing machine  :(  Iââ,¬â,,¢ve seen a lot about just removing the window, but I donââ,¬â,,¢t think Iââ,¬â,,¢m ready to tackle that just yet