Generator only runs on full choke

Started by Froggy1936, July 05, 2020, 09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Froggy1936

Well i got back to the genny today ( i had started a refinishing project on the front of the camper but it was way too hot in the direct sun ) So i went to where the shade was @ the generator location . Pulled the fuel line off the filter outlet and turned on the pump Fair amt , So the pump is OK  Removed the 15 year old filter and checked again , Even more flow , Replace the filter Fired it up Nope still only runs on full choke, Removed air filter and carburetor (M/F) Would have been easier with Gen out of compartment ! Disassembled and found a small piece of ? rubber under the main valve against the emulsion tube , Totally shutting off all metered fuel , soaked jets etc in carb cleaner and blew out all passages checked all openings reassembled with all old gaskets an o rings , Reinstalled (double M/F) replaced fuel  line from filter to carb , Figured that,s the only place a piece that large could have come from ? turned on pump for a few min ck for leaks all ok , Fired right up on 1 pull runs with choke off , So another check mark on my list ! Next back to repaint front of camper !
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca