Hadco 600 works on L.P. but not 110 volts

Started by Winnebago Man, May 08, 2020, 04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winnebago Man

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a 1972 Winnebago Brave D20. Is has a Hadco 600 refrigerator. The RV is located 2 hours away from where I live so I have been going back and forth to work on it. I got to spend 3 days in it recently and it was great. I got many things up and running again.
The fridge gets nice and cold on propane, but does nothing on electric. I tested the ohms on the heating element and it is just an open circuit, so i believe the heating element is shot, but while I was in there I put my multimeter on the power wires going to the heating element and there was no voltage. I don't know much about this particular model, or the wiring. I have read on some RV refrigerators there can be a fuse for the power but I didn't see one. None of the breakers are tripped. I ran out of time to do more investigating and I'm not sure when I will be going up there again, but I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction so i can be thinking about it before I go there again.

Thank you!

Gavin

Froggy1936

I dont really know that type fridge . But my 1977 Norcold heating element went bad ! i had to replace it (its in a holder in the chimney) , After replaceing i found i had no power to it . There is a box that all the fridge wireing goes to and inside there are fuses . That fixed mine Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

Winnebago Man

Thanks for the response Frank!

I got to go up to the Winnebago last week and do some work on it. I got the new heating element, and I traced the power under the fridge and removed the electrical box. There are no fuses in mine but I investigated with my multimeter and the electric thermostat is bad. I found a suitable replacement but the capillary tube is too short. I may start a new thread on trying to find one.