Wierd switch 88 super chief

Started by Xjsport95, May 21, 2020, 12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xjsport95

In the back bedroom there is the ââ,¬Å"head boardââ,¬Â with two pockets... inside the one pocket there is a residential light switch... the wire runs under the bed and down into the basement then just seems to disappear... the wire is live however when the switch is toggled on...  Iââ,¬â,,¢m assuming it was added at some point but since I canââ,¬â,,¢t seem to locate the wire it may be original? Does anyone else have a switch like that?i canââ,¬â,,¢t seem to determine what it controls

Ericb760

Quote from: Xjsport95 on May 21, 2020, 12:10 PM
In the back bedroom there is the ââ,¬Å"head boardââ,¬Â with two pockets... inside the one pocket there is a residential light switch... the wire runs under the bed and down into the basement then just seems to disappear... the wire is live however when the switch is toggled on...  Iââ,¬â,,¢m assuming it was added at some point but since I canââ,¬â,,¢t seem to locate the wire it may be original? Does anyone else have a switch like that?i canââ,¬â,,¢t seem to determine what it controls

Are the wires attached to it 110V or 12V?
1989 Winnie Chieftain 28'

Xjsport95

Ericb760

Quote from: Xjsport95 on May 21, 2020, 12:41 PM
120v Romex cable

Sounds like you need to further investigate where the wire leads to.

Xjsport95

Figured it out... some dumbass cut the end off and tucked it under the carpet looks like it may have been an outlet at one point and a switch was added that went to something some time ago... the wire goin into the box is run through the cabinet

Rickf1985

On mine the main electrical box is under the bed in the back. Look around there and see if you can find out if that wire was added to the electrical box and then you can remove it from there.

Ericb760

Quote from: Xjsport95 on May 21, 2020, 08:58 PM
Figured it out... some dumbass cut the end off and tucked it under the carpet looks like it may have been an outlet at one point and a switch was added that went to something some time ago... the wire goin into the box is run through the cabinet

I have a different setup than you but it is still a 1989 Winnie, so alot will be the same. I have a 110v plug next to my bed. If you have one of those AND this switch, I'm guessing it was added later. If you don't have a 110v plug near your bed, then it is probable that someone changed it out for the switch. Why? I do not know. People do weird things to the stuff that they own that only makes sense to them.