Replaceing the bathroom floor ll !

Started by Froggy1936, May 03, 2020, 01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Froggy1936

Well. from constant soaking every day, due to taking sink baths ea morning , The stick on tiles used last time finally failed. And the wood got soaked ! Also the rubber seal under the 2 in riser was cracked adding more water.  Pictures will come, Found i can order marine plywood on line from Amazon , Helps the stay at home rules .  more to come Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

Rickf1985

Ooooh, Adding the word Marine to wood is like adding the word Mercedes to auto parts! EXPENSIVE!!! I was looking at mine today and I am seriously debating on whether to get into repairing it or just let it go. I couldn't do anything at all with it last year due to all the complications from the cancer and other surgeries and it just sat and things piled up. Need all new tires, all new batteries, still need to remove and recaulk the two biggest windows and remove and replace a section of floor around the bathroom. That is due to a leak from the beltline outside which is delaminate related and that is another major issue. Just don't think it is worth it all. I need a place under cover to work on it which I don't have.

Froggy1936

Yep they are both 20 yrs old and right up front I have both new in stock !  Frank 

Froggy1936

Well i decided to just replace the bad wood and not the complete bathroom floor I tried to load some picks i too k with my phone but they wont go and i cannot figure out their size or how to resize Windows 10 pictures are way more complicated than vista was ! Frank

Froggy1936

Viola, I stumbled onto a program to resize , Have more but dont know if i can do it again will try ! Frank

Froggy1936

Cant seem to do it again ?/ Frank will try again !

Froggy1936

Viola !  Yesterday i spent 5 Hrs scrubbing the black (today is Tylenol and rest ) off of the roof in preparation to R& R the A/C and see if i can stop the water leak ? Will update , Going to have to go back to taking photos with camera Frank

Rickf1985

Damn Frank! assuming your sig is your birthday that puts you at roughly 84 years young and you are fixing the floor and scrubbing the roof!!! I have been LOOKING at my roof for weeks now but just can't get up there to do it! I am impressed!!

Froggy1936

Well Rick Yes 84 , I still have to think and do the work in my head, for a couple of days, till i suddenly feel like i could do anything. (lasts about 4-5 hrs ) before i am worn out & knee,s hurt a lot, even with pads , Getting up & down is the hardest part , If i had no arms i would be stuck on the floor forever  Ha Ha .  :)rotflmao :)rotflmao  Finding something to pull up on is a problem , Feeling a lot better today , Though a fight with the garden hose caused me to fall on the asphalt and knock the bark off my left elbow & the back of my hand , Lots of blood but little damage 4 waterproof band aids an Neosporin all fixed up. The shock to my arthritic left wrist is the most painful !Now to clean up the tools and disconnect the A/C wireing ! W%

Rickf1985

Well, you have 18 years on me and you are going better than me on some of this stuff. Every once in a while I get on a roll but not often. a couple months ago I had a road crew drop off a whole dumpster load of trees they were cutting away from the wires. Some of these oaks were 30" in diameter! I was going to have my grandson come down to help me but then I got the chainsaw out and I figured I would just cut some of the smaller stuff up, which led to the bigger stuff, and then to stuff I had to cut from both sides because my 20" bar would not go all the way through!. You know how that is. Once you get started you don't want to stop because you KNOW you will never be able to get going again. Then came the moving of the wood to the back yard. I have a loader but I needed to get it into the bucket. I was always exceptionally strong but nowadays I have trouble picking up a bag of dog food. But when I get out there doing this stuff I am picking up logs that weigh a solid 250 plus pounds and dropping them in the bucket. One of these days my back is going to just snap and that will be the end of it. The docs keep telling me I need to "take it easy". That is something I never learned how to do. The funny part is that after a day like that I will not really be in too bad a shape. Sometimes I even feel better than normal. If I push it to often I will come crashing down though. Take care and be very careful up on top, better to have younger help up there since a slip and fall from up high will not be good. I think about that all the time. We don't bounce like we used to. We also don't heal as fast.

Froggy1936

Bathroom almost finished , Filling and turning on the water showed a leak from rear of toilet. Purchased a new water valve , So have to un mount  and repair , Also a slow leak at the pump area and pump wont shut off automatically, I replaced the switch on the pump last
spring , Thought i thoroughly drained the system , Going to have to use air pressure next time !Frank

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca