Forum > Full-Time RV Living

Our Georgia Homestead

(1/8) > >>

ClydesdaleKevin:
Hey everyone!  I started this new post to keep y'all updated on our fulltime RV life at our Fitzgerald, Georgia property.  Since we won't be travelling much anymore, this seemed like the best way to transition my posts from the Travel blogs.

So lets get right to it!

Today I set up the two new planter boxes, and the tiered strawberry planter for Patti. 

Here are some picture of the strawberry planter, and the new planter boxes filled with dirt.  The strawberry seeds are planted in the tiered box, and the terra cotta pot under the table is planted with rosemary, since rosemary likes the shade.

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin:
The gentleman that built me the raised planter boxes also made a cover for one of them that converts it into a seedling table for next spring.  It is stored in the barn for now.

After I transplant these seedlings tomorrow, Patti can have her laundry folding table back...lol!

I also managed to put in tomato cages around all the tomato plants and eggplants.

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin:
And finally for today, I started stocking up on canning supplies.  And I'm STILL trying to find a freezer for sale!  Geesh!

And my basil and thyme finally started to germinate...as did the dill, but the dill is hard to see in these pictures.

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin:
I got the seedlings transplanted into the planter boxes this morning!  And the spices are starting to take off in the first planter box.

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin:
I also transplanted the corn, greenbean, and snow pea seedlings into the mid sized garden.

Kev

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version