1978 Dodge Cruise Control

Started by Fwdstuck, April 07, 2020, 09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fwdstuck

Does anyone if those cruise control modules can be rebuilt or repaired? I know they work off the speedometer and vacuum. Speedometer works, plenty of vacuum from the carb and it makes clicking noises when I turn on the cruise control switch and push the set button too, so I know its getting power.

Froggy1936

With those symptoms, Check that the stop light switch is not activated, Also check the magnets on the drive shaft , Look up the MFG see if there is a trouble shooting procedure !~ Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

Fwdstuck

Stop switch is not activated. It keeps 12v on the solenoids until you hit the pedal and and cuts off power. This one doesn't work off the driveshaft. It works off the speedo cable. Did some troubleshooting with the multimeter and all my switches are working like they should by the wiring diagram. And both solenoids in the cruise control servo coming on like they should and the diaphragm seams like it doesn't have any leaks. I've come up with a test idea with using a cordless drill on the speedo cable to simulate diving down the the road and the diaphragm won't pull in.

Froggy1936

Sounds like a Stewart Warner unit That is what was on mine originally , I removed it replaced Speedometer cable (with a one piece) Installed an aftermarket unit !  Sounds like diaphragm is defective if you are getting vacuum to it !  Hm?  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

RANGERRICK

Do you have a pic of what you need,I have some cc parts