Starcraft

Started by FarPoint, February 06, 2020, 10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FarPoint

What do I need to know about the old Starcraft Class Aââ,¬â,,¢s. Early 70ââ,¬â,,¢s I think.
I stumbled on one, strangely enough, abandoned in a field, and since Iââ,¬â,,¢m almost finished most of my projects on the Warrior ( yeah- right ) I may need something else to amuse me.
I heard they were one piece fibreglass shells on a steel grid structure?
What chassis were they on?
Drums, discs?
Engines?
Iââ,¬â,,¢ll try to get a couple of pics in the next week or so.
Iââ,¬â,,¢ve heard the owners arenââ,¬â,,¢t doing well and I donââ,¬â,,¢t really want to bother them until I know a bit more about these rigs
Of all the things I've lost
I miss my mind, the most...

FarPoint

Iââ,¬â,,¢m thinking about giving my Winnebago to my sister for the summer. So as soon as I get it running well and most of the deficiencies finished, Iââ,¬â,,¢ll be looking for a new project.
From what I can find out, this Starcraft is on a dodge chassis, and may have a 440 motor.
I did have an old dodge class A with a 318 previously. Towed a light trailer around OK. even over some of the mountain passes around here. (See Highway thru Hell TV show)
I did remove the Generator to make room for my tool box and kept gear to a minimum to unburden the little 318.
The 440 would interest me - I donââ,¬â,,¢t think I would go back to a 318 after driving the current Winnie with a 7.4.
Iââ,¬â,,¢ll want to pull a slightly heavier trailer now, plus some additional gear.
Iââ,¬â,,¢ll stop by today and see if thereââ,¬â,,¢s anyone around to chat with.

Of all the things I've lost
I miss my mind, the most...