Hit and Run in the 3th day

Started by Oliver GER, December 19, 2019, 03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliver GER

Hi,
maybe you saw it in the parts wanted section. We got a Winnebago Vectra on Saturday. Monday we found a big damage in the passenger side.
Big problem was how to fix it for the moment. I had made before the accident the promise to go to the Baltic see for the hollydays to my wife.

I start the big puzzle and used a lot Fiberglas and special glue.
No really nice but OK for the travel
Here is the result and we made it to the Isle Ruegen
regards

Oliver from Germany

ClydesdaleKevin

When you have some more time, a couple more layers of fiberglass, a lot of sanding, and some paint?  You can make that look like new again without having to buy another.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Rickf1985

Not bad at all considering what you started with! You coming over here anytime soon? I have a project for you! :D

LJ-TJ

:)ThmbUp Well done mate, well done. Once the weather clears up. A little more massageing and she'll look brand new.

Oliver GER

THX,
I will keep my eyes open for a new one but for one day work I'm happy with the result.

Big help was one training course in the German airforce. BDR-> battle damage repair. Our trainer told us always think you are somewere in the dessert with nothing.
He was right ;)
regards

Oliver from Germany

Rickf1985

That makes me laugh, as soon as you said that the first thing in my mind was that movie "flight of the Phoenix". Now how many of you are old enough to remember that one

HandyDan

I am.  Love the movie.  Tragic ending in filming.
Dan
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

Oliver GER

regards

Oliver from Germany

LJ-TJ

:)ThmbUp Got both New and old versions in my colledtion