WHAT'S UP?

Started by Oz, January 30, 2020, 12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oz

So here we are, in the dead of winter.  Some RVers have theirs buttoned-up and battened-down, other are working on projects, getting ready for spring, and others are still traveling about in them.

Here on CWVRV, I'm catching up on some things which badly need attention.  To let you know, I started a new job in May of 2018, at a paper mill.  I work 7 days a week, rotating shifts.  Only days off are holidays and my vacation time.  So, I basically have off in a year what most people have off in 2 months. 

Anyway, here's what's going on:

The Long Term Member list has been updated.  Did you know we have 79 active members* who have been with us for over 5 years?   That's pretty impressive!
Each member on the list will see the updated number of years they've been with us in their profile, and so will everyone else, whenever they post.
The years are figured after the end of the year from when they joined.  So, if you joined in 2014, at any time, your profile will show  "5 year member " since 2019 is now past.
* Active member doesn't mean you have to post something.  Most members do more reading than posting, and some members visit regularly, but go years before making a post.  "Active" is anyone who's logged into the site in the past year, regardless if they post or not.
All inactive members are identified by (I) following their member group.  This is only visible in their profile, not their post, left side bar block. 

So, what happens with members who don't log in in a year period? 

Charter members:  If they have posted anything of value, a question or an answer, they are changed to inactive status.  If they haven't posted anything or only posted replies like, "cool", "Way to go", etc. they're membership is dropped.
I'm interested in quality, not quantity.

Full Members:  Same as Charters, only that their status is changed to Charter for a full year after their last login.
Life Members:  Just as the title indicates, they are members for life.  And longer, if they want to be.  ???
If they haven't logged in in a year, they are also changed to inactive status.

Whew!  That's a lot of mumbo jumbo over membership! 

Last, if you are a 5+ year member, please check your profile to make sure it reflects the number of years you've been with us.  (If you were with us but took an extended hiatus and were dropped because you never posted anything which was kept, your membership re-started from your new join date because there's nothing to reference your original date)

If I somehow missed you, let me know so I can update your profile and give you the recognition you deserve!

Again, thanks to all the long term members who have been the core of CWVRV for almost 20 years!

More items of interest will be added on this board soonly.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Froggy1936

Hi Mark, I am interested in that Longer than life membership , Is there a special diet/sleeping regimen ? I will be willing to try it if so.  Thanks .Frank & Louie too if it will work for Doggies  ! :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

LJ-TJ

:)ThmbUp  Just wanted to say Thanks Mark. You do an amazing job. It's very much appreciated.

Rickf1985

Can we still log in after death? And what perks do we get if we do? Hm?

TerryH

Sometimes when I wake up I'm not sure if I'm dead or alive, but I usually manage to log in. Perks would be nice though!
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

Oz

Lol! Perks?  Free gas for life...

Froggy1936

Hmmmm, Is that free petrol for the vehicle or excessive body gas ??  And if fuel does it continue with an upgraded veh ??  What are the enrollment requirements ?/\??  Frank Hm?
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

Elandan2

I think it's like life insurance. There's only one way to collect...
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

c farmer

I dont post much.  Just read alot.   With spring coming I am sure I will be asking questions. 

Oz

Ok, that Google Map didn't quite work.  Close... no cigar.   :(

Going to look for another option.  Something like the MyLife360 phone app would be nice.

Also, you'll notice the "Other Topics" board looks different.  I combined the "Wanted: Parts no longer manufactured" board in with the For Sale and Wanted board and moved that into the Other Topics board along with the Projects and Travel blog boards.

A little less visual separation, easier navigation.  Looking at other ways of condensing material all around to improve member ability to access info and increase enjoyment,