Summer Vacation, 2019

Started by ClydesdaleKevin, August 25, 2019, 11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HandyDan

I went to the airshow at Whiteman AFB (home of the B-2 bombers) back in June.  I had my big Swiss Army knife in my pocket but they didn't even care.  They were more interested in my drink bottle than any weapons I might have.  Anyway, they had all the things you described.  Lots of big hardware, the Thunderbirds, Doc (the B-29 bomber), and lots of little planes.  Very nice airshow, except there was no place to sit down, and the parking lot is a lonnng way from the entrance.  My legs got very tired.  They had Doc right next to a B-2 Stealth bomber.  It is amazing how far we have come in 60 years.  Sorry Oceana did not live up to expectations.  Times are tough.
BTW, the Kansas City Renaissance Festival has opened here.  I'm thinking about going just for fun.  I really enjoyed the one in Muskogee, OK when we came and visited you and Patti for the day several years ago.  Who would have thought there would be a submarine in Oklahoma.  I guess you heard that during the flood the submarine went afloat.
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

Froggy1936

I ran into that problem at the Court house I left my pocket knife at home but forgot my small knife . If  it has the name Gun/bullets/ Knife They will take it . Bet they all have one now !  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

ClydesdaleKevin

It was a sad farewell to my kin...but we had to go!  We drove all the way to an RV park in a little town called Linwood, NC.  We are only about 40 miles from the Carolina Renaissance Festival...but can't enter and set up until this coming Saturday.  So we are going to stay here and pamper ourselves until Saturday morning!

The pups and I are going to explore this place tomorrow morning, as there are hiking trails and even a pond.  I'm not going to let the pups in the water though...there are water moccasins here, and some scare about a toxic algae that has killed some dogs in the southeast. 

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

ClydesdaleKevin

This six days of relaxing in a posh RV park is JUST what we needed before getting back to work at the Carolina Renaissance Faire next week!  It has been a very busy summer vacation!  So this was kind of like a vacation from our vacation...lol!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

ClydesdaleKevin

Summer vacation is over, and after our morning coffee, we'll be hitting the road to the Carolina Renaissance Festival, 35 miles away.

Of course, no trip ever begins without something breaking...this time the string on the small pleated window blind next to my desk.  I took it down and stowed it for now.  I had a shop fix the last two that needed to be restrung, but I'm going to do this one myself...since it is small, and will be a good place to start to learn how to do it myself.  I'll fix it sometime this coming week, after we are all settled down in camp.

I'll start a new thread tomorrow titled, "Carolina, 2019."

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

Camp is all set up...and that is all I could do today.  Too hot!  95 degrees and super humid.  Yuck!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

And thus endeth this chapter.

Kev