1989 Winnebago Elandan Re do

Started by wayhilc2, August 18, 2019, 01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayhilc2

Re doing our rig we got about 1 1/2  years ago. Had been setting on a field for about 7 seven years being used as a storage area for car parts and tools. To say the least was a total mess when we got ot. After a major clean out of junk, then all the old furniture,  carpets, we started w9th an open floor plan to make it the way that would best suit our needs and wants.
All the base and wall cabinets were removed and reworked for our use, removed both propane heaters, going to use electric heat, removed propane  gas stove cook top, going to use electric induction cook top, relocated the refrigerator,  microwave, and control center and converter. Changed out the queen bed foundation, and replaced with one from a 1992 Coachman with mitered corners for a smaller foot print and relocated the clean water holding tank farther back to allow dresser drawers to be installed into the bed foundation. Took about 24 inches from the existing wardrobe to extend the counter top length by 24 inches. Re doing the walls and  ceilings. Installed new control center/ converter, replaced all the 112 volt wiring, and out let's. Replaced all the plumbing lines, new sink and bath fixtures, and tub/shower surround. After ceiling, and walls done  are installing by to flooring thru out
Have made new kitchen cabinets and will be using ceramic tile for counter tops. Am reworking the wall cabinets removed from the kitchen, living room and bed room to repurpose and open up tnose spaces. Will try to post pics of progress, but not much luck with that with my firstv appempt, so any advice on that would be appreciated,  thanks

Rickf1985

Sounds like quite the project, also sounds like you plan to do all of your camping at parks with 50 amp service! How are the mechanicals on the vehicle? Engine, tires, brakes, fuel system. You will for sure need all new fuel lines. And if it is made out of rubber plan on replacing it. That goes for the tires down to the fuel and vacuum lines.

BrandonMc

keep the gas stove, you can thank me later. also your neighbors will too since you wont run a generator to use the stovetop

wayhilc2

Quote from: BrandonMc on August 19, 2019, 09:47 AM
keep the gas stove, you can thank me later. also your neighbors will too since you wont run a generator to use the stovetop

Thanks for your comments, am keeping the gas stove but only as a back up. Have installed new power center/converter. Have a dedicated line for the induction cook top we will be using instead

wayhilc2

Quote from: Rickf1985 on August 18, 2019, 08:24 PM
Sounds like quite the project, also sounds like you plan to do all of your camping at parks with 50 amp service! How are the mechanicals on the vehicle? Engine, tires, brakes, fuel system. You will for sure need all new fuel lines. And if it is made out of rubber plan on replacing it. That goes for the tires down to the fuel and vacuum lines.
Definately replacing all lines, even brake lines  just to be extra sure. Am replacing all the appliances,  already totally rewired both the 12 volt and 115 volt circuits, all plumbing lines replaced

claudio and christine

Wayhilc2
I'm interested in your Elandan renovation...... would like to see some pictures of it..... before and after..... and details of what you did.....
I'm getting ready to redo an Elandan and I'm just curious about it.... oh also any tips on anything you encountered during your renovation.....
Thank you

Here's a picture of my old Elandan.....

wayhilc2

Sorry I haven't responded to your post earlier. Been busy, life has a way of interrupting fun projects. Our project is still on going, very slowly. I am having trouble getting my pics to load for some reason, can not get them to relocate to Download  so I can attach them.  So will take screen shots of a few. Feel free to ask any questions and offer any advise.

wayhilc2

New ceiling going in . Used  T/G  pine planks after  removing the old vinyl with foam underpad. Will be using the  same planking to go from ceiling to wall to accommodate the curvature. Used  acoustics ceiling planks in the bedroom.  Also am moving the ceiling lights to the side walls,  switched over to LED bulbs. Located light switch on to the walls like in a site build home.