What's my RV Original Registration Date?

Started by Clyde9, November 10, 2008, 12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clyde9

Sent: 10/3/2006 9:42 AM

hi there everyone, I'm a new member who lives in Wales,UK. I don't know if you are aware but we have a law over here that entitles you to free road tax if your vehicle is over a certain age.I currently own a 1973 Winnebago Chieftain (i think) and I am trying to get in touch Daimler/Chrysler to see if the chassis was registered before 1st January 1973 so I might be able to get the free tax.( i have to have this in writing so the relevant authorities don't think I'm trying to pull the wool over their eyes). I have tried different e-mail addresses but all I get is do not use this as a reply line. So 3 months down the line and I'm hoping that one of you good people out there might know an e-mail address I might have better luck with. hopefully pictures to follow soon.

All the best Angus 677

Sent: 10/3/2006 11:40 AM

Failte, Angus!

You can check out the age yourself by finding the VIN number of your Winnie.  Somewhere on this site is a message thread about translating your VIN numbers into usable information.

As far as Daimler/Chrysler is concerned, try finding them on the Web...but I think you would have more luck contacting Winnebago Industries.

Kev

Sent: 10/3/2006 2:46 PM

My Winnebago had two i.d. plates on it. A little metal one by the entry door, and a white plastic one on the interior wall beside the drivers left knee (with a left hand drive vehicle.) One of those plates listed the manufacture date of the completed vehicle (August of 1972), and the manufacture date of the bare chassis, which was in April of 1972. The vehicle was titled as a 1973, because that was the 'model' year. The production year would have been 1972. I have another Winnie, made about 3 months earlier than the one above, and it is titled as a 1972. Back in those days our states had different rules for titling a vehicle.
Good Luck with your search...