HELP lower radiator hose # for 73 440?

Started by mattyj858, May 04, 2018, 08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattyj858

Hi guys wipuld anyone possibly know the part number for the lower radiator hose for a 73 Dodge 440?  Been to a number of auto parts stores and no one can find it. Tried a heavy duty flex hose without the inner wire coil and the hose failed after about 8 miles, leaking at both ends.
I looked in the parts catalog downloaded from this site and I couldn't find anything on cooling system, I have a series of pages that are blacked out for some reason. Help!

postman

I found Oreilly's Auto a good source, for a model use D400.

mattyj858

Agreed, I worked with my local,store today but they couldn't find a match for the lower hose. NAPA was s a strike out as well. I have a 73 Brave 20 and have had them cross reference a RM300 chassis with no results.
Like I mentioned the heavy duty flex hose without the wire could was useless after 6 miles...

Elandan2

The Chassis Parts catalog shows the '73 lower radiator hose as P/N 1881807 and '74 and up as 3733606.
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

Rickf1985

Did you use any sealer on the hose? I always use Permatex #3 sealer on all water hoses.

DaveVA78Chieftain

To the best of my knowledge, a lower molded hose is no longer available.

Gates says the flex hose P/N for 73 is 26603

Posted several years ago, I also have the same 73 info on my web site
[move][/move]

mattyj858

Thank you everyone. I was able to find a gates 20974 (for a 77) that had the sam shape. Couldn't find one with the internal spring so I pulled a spring from another hose. I wish I knew to used prematex, next time.

Thanks!

mattyj858

Quote from: DaveVA78Chieftain on May 06, 2018, 09:41 AM
To the best of my knowledge, a lower molded hose is no longer available.

Gates says the flex hose P/N for 73 is 26603

Posted several years ago, I also have the same 73 info on my web site

Thank you! That's where I finally found the info. I apologize but didn't know about your site until now, lots of info, thanks!!!!!