Upholstery

Started by LJ-TJ, January 29, 2018, 05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ-TJ

Dumb question. Has anybody gotten the original seats of a 74,75,76 upholstered? What's it cost for you guys in the States to get your cushions and seat upholstered. I know it can very with material but generally speaking. Hm?

DaveVA78Chieftain

Gee, and here I thought you were the Do-it-Yourselfer of Do-it-Yourselfer's     :P

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=upholstery+sewing+techniques
[move][/move]

LJ-TJ

I was afraid you were going to suggest that. Dave you never cease to amaze me. They want stupid prices up her. I may just have to take up your suggestion.

Elandan2

Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

LJ-TJ

WOW! That's a possibility. :)ThmbUp

Rickf1985

They want stupid prices everywhere for upholstery. It is an art I will admit. I had a friend that did it and he was showing me how to put on the seat covers. He would just position it over the new foam and ZIP! Slam it right on there. Now my turn, Those guys were rolling on the floor laughing watching me try to wrestle that cover on there. I SWORE they set me up with a smaller cover and my buddy comes over and ZIP! Right on. It is an art. I am not sure it is THAT expensive of an art though, just a well practiced and learned one. I missed out on when the government was auctioning off hundreds of commercial sewing machines. At that time you could pick them up for 100.00 or less. You can learn how to do anything on You Tube anymore.