Alberta man pays off $85,000 in debt by living in camping trailer for 4 years

Started by LJ-TJ, October 24, 2017, 10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ-TJ

skloon

Given the costs of camping spots near Calgary I can't see this working, I assume he just lived behind his workplace or at a friends

Rickf1985

He was parking on the streets and moving often to avoid fines. So basically he had NO camping costs. My question was where did he dump his tanks?  Nice heavy rainstorm and parked over a storm drain, let 'er rip!

skloon

Calgary does have free public RV dump stations- or you drive to the nearest provincial park- about 30 -120 minutes I don't know how nasty Calgary is about street parking- Edmonton is 72 hours- they claimed my old MCI was a commercial vehicle and tried to tow it a few times- I pointed out that it had private plates, was registered as an RV and had a big government sticker showing it was approved as such

Rickf1985

I have to drive almost 100 miles to get to a free dump station, I think it is the only one in NJ! They are few and far between in the states. At least on the East coast they are.

LJ-TJ

Rickf1985

She is another 100 miles. Hey Tina, I am coming down to dump my tanks! By the way, I bought ten of those 50 gallon totes and they will be on my trailer. :)rotflmao :)rotflmao

Froggy1936

They redid all our sewer pipes summer of 2016  (replaced all terracotta With Plastic ) up to  about 10 ft into ea persons property , They also put down pipe with metal lid at the curb , So now i can open the lid and dump right into the sewer any time i want , Same goes for every property nearby  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

WrigleysBraveWin

How quick could he of paid off debt if he had stayed in a tent? No seriously I applaud the man, good job!
Today is the youngest you'll ever be!

plockit007

Excellent..Dave Ramsey really world "Lets Hear a Debt Free Scream"......"Wher Debt Free"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)clap :)clap :)clap :)clap :)clap :)clap :)clap :)clap

LJ-TJ

Reading about some of tough times some folk here are having. I thought a little reassurance that it can be done might give some a little boost. There's a dozen different ways it can be done. This is just one example. There's all kinds of folk out there on the verge of being homeless. This is just one way of not just living in a car. Away to put a roof over your head inexpensively with a real bead,a way to cook so food and a place to call home. i??     

Oz

You got it right, TJ.  I noticed a major trend increase of people moving into their RVs to live full time about 2009 and it's still been on the increase.  It's definitely a viable solution or, as I've always called it...

Alternative Mobile Housing
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

CapnDirk

I call mine the MMC.  Mobile Man Cave.  Have just about finished the motorized flat screen with internet access and the 5.1 surround.
"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

"I say we nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure"