HOT!  69-73 Dodge Service eManual - Better quality text and schematics. Three volume set and FREE, one-year Full Membership upgrade! 
GET YOURS!

Author Topic: Is there an easy way to stop the "NEW" flags from flashing?  (Read 170 times)

Offline ClydesdaleKevin

• 14 year member
  • I own: a Motor Home
  • Year: 1995
  • Make: Itasca
  • Model: Suncruiser G34RQ
  • Chassis: Oshkosh
  • Engine: Cummings Turbo Diesel
Is there an easy way to stop the "NEW" flags from flashing?
« on: November 27, 2008, 09:53 AM »
Love the new site!  But question:  Is there a shortcut to "mark as read" all the little  banners that flash "new", or do I have to manually click on each message to get the flashing banner to go away?

I tried right-clicking the banner, and there isn't any "mark as read" option.

It would just come in handy if there was some shortcut to mark it as read...it helps me know what I've read already, and it also makes the other feature link, "read new messages since last visit" more useful.

Thanks!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Offline Oz

• "So let it be written; so let it be done!"
  • I own: a Motor Home
Re: Is there an easy way to stop the "NEW" flags from flashing?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 12:06 PM »
There's a tab on top of every message board which says "Mark Read."  Click on this and it will clear all those annoying, flashing "new" buttons which are there because of all the transfers from the old boards.  If you just joined or have been away from the forums for a while, you can use the "Mark all as read" tab and it will clear all the boards at one time.

Once you've done this, only the really new posts will have the new message indicator.
Previously enjoyed our '74 - D24 Indian & '74 - D24 Indian Custom

* Advanced Tool Solutions

advancedtoolsolutions@gmail.com  Telephone/text: 858-829-9912

* Jorja's Jewels

* Niagara Craft Spirits

"Great spirits, small batches"
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal