What is this for part?

Started by 1990HR, June 25, 2017, 12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1990HR

I was asked to make a new post with the whole picture of where this circuit is at.
Here it is with both pictures.
Trying to find out what this could be used for.
Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Fixed the picture it didn't like an underscore for the name.

joanfenn

W% sorry link doesn't work.

1990HR

Quote from: joanfenn on June 25, 2017, 12:59 PM
W% sorry link doesn't work.

For some reason the picture would not work so I just put the link of the page where it is.
It's at the bottom of the page.

joanfenn

My guess is a kill switch for the alternator.   Anti theft device. i??

DaveVA78Chieftain

As rick had said, other stuff gives clues.  In this case, given the circuit is jumpered across the 2 large battery cable posts, we need to know what the labels for those 2 battery cable posts are.
[move][/move]

Rickf1985

If that is a diode in the center and those cables go one each to your chassis battery and the coach battery then I would say it is a home made charging system for the coach battery that will charge into the coach battery but not draw from it. That is a total guess without knowing where the rest of the cables go.

CapnDirk

I don't think that diode is capable of handling the kind of current those cables are capable of.  The white thingy looks like a ballast resistor.

More input is needed from the OP before the other classic Winnebagos  doctors can offer a diagnosis.

This seems like a recent "what is this for" generator fuel kill switch thread.   :)clap

This is one of the things that draws people to this place.  Crazy people and a good mystery!   :D

"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

"I say we nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure"

1990HR

The only thing I know is it's not stock.
It has always been turned off and everything works fine.
I was hoping someone has seen this before and was like "Oh ya, that's a ..............."
After vacation I'll see if I can figure out what exactly it's doing.

CapnDirk

Where do the big cables go to and where from?
"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

"I say we nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure"

joanfenn

we have one of those also.  The fans quit working in the engine compartment on the side of the road one night and hubby ran wires inside the unit to hot wire them.  He finally put a rocker switch on it.  They cool better now then the original setup did.  Better then stock.

Oz

Is it after vacation yet or are you on a lonnnnng vacation?   :)rotflmao
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca