New Member from Nebraska

Started by 65fairlane, May 02, 2017, 10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

65fairlane

I just purchased this beauty after it sat in a backyard for 4 years.  It even comes with an identical donor too (I am not sure what all to get from it yet as the 99% of the interior is water damaged).  In order to get it running I had to replace 3 spark plug wires that were eaten by squirrels.  To get it to stop I had to replace 2 of the rubber brake lines, again eaten by squirrels.  I poured a little gas in the carb, and she fired right up.  I drove her the long 1 hour drive to my place. 

Surprisingly, the only mouse activity I could find was in the dash.  They destroyed the cassette deck and made a huge nest in the heater box.  There is some de-lamination above the front bed and in the shower but that appears to be all for water damage.  Someone thought it would be a good idea to put roofing tar over most of the roof.  That is my second order of business.  The first is in my post on this site under electrical.

I think outside of the carpet and dinette cushions, she is 100% original.  The water, fridge, stove, A/C, and plumbing appear to be in working order.  I need to install 30a service in my shed to really see for sure.  I am having a great time working on this, and just need to get her 100% road ready and 100% leak proof before Memorial Day for her ride up into the Loess Hills of Iowa for a little R&R and ATV'ing.

Mark

Winnebago Warrior 94

Welcome to the group..your little rv is cute ..I like those kind ..the interior  looks to be in great shape ..but you said you had alot of water damage if I read your post right ..I like fixing up rv I find it to be fun ..my interior on my rv was in great shape and it just sprung a leak this past weekend   and messed up my interior   some . Ac gasket started leaking ...I'm bummed about that ..good luck on your build  ..welcome😃

Hobbes

Welcome to the site...that's a nice looking rig!

65fairlane

Thanks!  Yeah, it is the perfect size.  19ft!  It will sleep 4 though.  There is a bunk above the dinette.

The roof on this one has a lot of what I would call "the wrong way" fixes that led to some leaks.  Thank goodness there was a tarp on it.  It looks like Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles had a caulking party up there.  It is globbed on, messy and everywhere.  I also need to remove the tar and really old super thin coating of elastomeric roof paint.  The tar, which was put on when it was parked 4 years ago, looks to be the biggest pain. The only thing I have found to remove it somewhat easily is brake cleaner.  Once I get it cleaned up I am going to hit he the seams with eternabond and give her a new coating of elastomeric paint.  That or a new EPDM rubber roof.  I have yet to search here for the best roof coating options.

Oz

Welcome!  Roof issues are definitely the #1 hot item. 

Many good topics on that.  Here's a very good one:
http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php/topic,2431.0.html
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca