Howdy from DFW!

Started by docB1955, May 28, 2013, 01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

docB1955

Just joined the site yesterday because I'm the proud new owner of an 87 Winnie Chalet 32'
460  w/ 45K miles Starts/ runs/ drives/ clean title. Of course, there's TLC involved (TLC= trashed like crap!) But for $1000, I could probably do worse...
No pics yet, but that's the next post when I get another day off.  I've got almost a full year to get her presentable b4 the next big event (Pate 2014) But it's also instant living quarters if I happen to find some land to put a shop on for my other toys.... that's another story.
  Hoping to find info on fix-ups, etc and see what other folks are doing with these kool gas guzzlers.... I have a lot of 60's ~ 70's stuff. Ya can't fret the mileage, just have some fun in that 8 miles per gallon! :)rotflmao
  Happy Memorial Day! God Bless America and our troops that defend it. :)ThmbUp
Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid ~ John Wayne

maxximuss

DaveVA78Chieftain

Welcome to the site.  The Chalet is not a well known Winnebago model so finding information specific to it will be a bit of a challenge.    You have the John Deere (Oshkosh) Chassis with a Ford 460 power plant.  There is a chassis manual available in the site store for it.  That chassis is now supported by Freightliner.  We have a John Deere chassis section here on site.  Many of the chassis parts can be located at the Millwood Supply website.

Winnebago Parts book for your WJN32RQ Chalet is: http://www.winnebagoind.com/service/wincd/1987/87wjn32rq.pdf

Be cautious of the 1 to 2 foot extra height in the Chalet when driving.

Again, welcome to the site,
Dave
[move][/move]

Stripe

Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

docB1955

Thanks Dave!  This came with a big stack of books and the seller is still looking for more he has "somewhere"
He had started a resto on it when he got it 4 years ago and just got overwhelmed. I've spent the day putting things back together on the interior just to see what all I have to finish and doing the basic mechanical maintainence (engine oil/ filter/ air filter/ battery etc)
I've been a rebuilder & customizer of cars/ trucks/ motorcycles for 40 years and most recently worked at Peterbilt in Denton TX as a chassis inspector for the past 2 years, so it's not a daunting project for me (just a BIG one) Should be fun for an old gearhead like me.
Been poking around the site to see where to put pictures, is that something you have to be a member to do?
Guess I'll check out the costs after i finish  my replies.
Thanks again!

docB1955

Thanks!  (y'all) LOL

docB1955

Thanks!  You're in a great place to visit when it's 180 degrees in the shade here in August! LOL

rustyescott1

welcome to the group. where bouts in dfw , i'm in alvarado tx just south of ft worth tx  rusty
Rusty Escott

Oz

We have a photo gallery for pix.  "Gallery" on the main nav bar.  When setting up your albums, remember to set the persmissions to "all" so everyone can see your photos.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

docB1955

I'm in Flower Mound for now.  Bout 1/2 way between DFW and Denton. Been looking for some property in Wise County so I hope to be out of the "city life" by the end of the year.

docB1955

Thanks Mark. Got an album started with a couple pics.  Goint to toss in a new battery and some fresh gas and get her a bit closer to my shop to start the process... Got some wood platforms built so the tires don't take root in the ground like they are right now............

Oz

LOL!  When I got the "Chariot" boy, were those tires "rooted" in the mud.  Was a great feeling to get it rolling down the road, lemme tell ya!

I don't know what program you're using to re-size your photos but the horizonal lines are very badly distorted.  I'd suggest either reducing the quality setting on your camera or just post them larger and I'll resize them irFanview.  There may be some distortion but, not as badly as what is currently happening.  It's a good rig and good photos, I want the pix show it as good as possible.

docB1955

Yeah, those were phone pics and I have Thumbs+, which is an ancient program so they look like d00kie.......but it matches the patina! (LMAO) Got her to move under her own power today and no smoke / smooth idle. All the lights work other than a couple broken clearance lights and the right rear TL/ brake/ signal. Should be pretty EZ to find the problem since nothing works there. Tried to park on the side of my house where there was a 110 oudoor outlet, but she started sinking, so I'm on the other side with no power.

Oz

Unfortunately, we don't have the coach manual for your year and model

Winnebago Warrior 94

Hello we come to the group ..I haven't been on here long ..I need to figure out how to post my pics too

Oz