Previous topic - Next topic

DaveVA78Chieftain

If you reffering to the "A nice little reference book" then:

1) Trucks and Industrial start on PDF page 13
2) The D model (2x4) and W model (4x4) trucks used 440-1s
3) The B model Passenger van used 440-1s
4) The MB (Class C van chassis) and CB (Commercial van chassis) use 440-3s
5) The M300/M400/M500/M600 Chassis used 440-3s

The "A nice little reference book" is grouping things together without showing the 440-1 and 440-3 differences.  Confuses the issue to a degree.
Can you place a 440-1 head on a 440-3 block?  Yes.  You just loose the extra cooling power provided by the 440-3 head (MOPAR P/N 3870551; casting number 3751213)
[move][/move]

budder

So what spark plugs do I need will both types fit in the head. W%

DaveVA78Chieftain

Quote from: budder on April 01, 2017, 04:58 PM
So the part number of my heads are from the 440 1 car engine. Or will the plugs fit both heads?

Yes, the plugs will fit both heads.  Both are 14mm, BUT the correct plug is different from flat gasket method sealing.

You posted a picture of the plug used in a 440-1 head.  You can see the gasket at the bottom of yours where there is no gasket on peanut plug.

[move][/move]

Rickf1985

Yes, BUT, It shows THAT head on a 79 which is what he has so I think it is original and not changed since that appears to be the original head gasket. His was a class C so it was kind of van based. In any case, I believe to settle the head gasket thing the gaskets above are the right ones since he does not have the -3 heads.

DaveVA78Chieftain

Quote from: Rickf1985 on April 01, 2017, 05:26 PM
Yes, BUT, It shows THAT head on a 79 which is what he has so I think it is original and not changed since that appears to be the original head gasket. His was a class C so it was kind of van based. In any case, I believe to settle the head gasket thing the gaskets above are the right ones since he does not have the -3 heads.

I think we are referring to different books.  Which one are you referring to Rick?
[move][/move]

budder

Ok just had a never look at the heads and I think they are 440 1 heads. Also they same to have big a$$ valves in them 52mm inlet and 45mm exhaust.

Rickf1985

Quote from: DaveVA78Chieftain on April 01, 2017, 05:34 PM
I think we are referring to different books.  Which one are you referring to Rick?

Same one you posted, that was where I found the number of his head. Remember that 4th turn slip? :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao GOTCHA!

DaveVA78Chieftain

I must have sniffed to much gasoline and starter fluid when working on the Blazer earlier today.
[move][/move]

Rickf1985

:D :D :D

You don't want to sniff too much of today's gas, seriously, it is bad stuff!