Need 727 torque converter

Started by PipefitterGuy, September 12, 2016, 09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PipefitterGuy

Hey all, I have a 1975 winnebago Chieftain. Sits on a m500 chassis.  I rebuilt the transmission and want to replace the torque converter as well due to metal shavings inside. I have tried a few local shops and no one seems to be able to find a match. I have checked with bulk part that I found on another thread here, but they can't locate it either. Has a 440-3 with a 727.  Any parts sources someone is aware of for these old torque converters? i??
Thanks, Curtis.

Rickf1985

They should not be that hard to find, I will check with my supplier today if I get time. packing for last trip tomorrow.

khantroll

I'd be happy to take stab at it. What part numbers do you have? There are a couple of different ones listed for that.

Rickf1985

Sorry, I was tied up all day and leaving for a show tomorrow.

DaveVA78Chieftain

Give these people a call to figure out which one you need.
Makco Transmission Parts

Converters are listed towards the bottom of the page.
The same converter was used on M300, M400, and M500 chassis with a 440.

Dave
[move][/move]

PipefitterGuy

Thanks for the quick responses. I was able to find it locally at a transmission parts distributor in the Twin Cities called WIT (Whatever  It Takes). They were great! I did try Macco transmissions and they were not able to locate my CR19 model converter. Also Napa converter was not available from the factory. So I am thankful I found it, cause no one wants to reuse an icky torque converter.

khantroll

Hi Pipefitter,

Just in case anyone else searches the forum, can you tell me what's different about your converter and the one that mako does sell?

http://www.makcotransmissionparts.com/TC-CR19.html

Thanks!

PipefitterGuy

That looks like the one. I contacted Bulk Part, which has the same address and phone number and they said one could not be located. They were very nice and held onto my order to keep checking for me but also suggested I try local sources as well.

PipefitterGuy

Update on the torque converter. I found a local distributor that had what I needed. I installed it a few months back. All is well. The name of the place is: Whatever It Takes (WIT) out of St. Paul, MN.