1972 Indian rebuild

Started by classicrockfanatic, November 05, 2016, 06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M & J

M & J

LJ-TJ

WOW! You know one thing I've always wanted to do is have a billit grill made. Thought it would give one of these old girls some real class. Just never been able to find where these hot rod guys get them made up. Beautiful job mate. Looks fantastic. Worth all the effort your putting into her. Well done. :)ThmbUp

legomybago

Holy Smokes!! Good job..... Please don't paint it purple when your done..... W%
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

Rickf1985

classicrockfanatic

Thank you gentlemen.
I'll be sure to post some more pics, once I finish it up.
Weather took a turn here, I'm glad I got it as closed up when I did.

classicrockfanatic

Got a little more progress done on the exterior. Painted and sealed it all in. I still need to take on the top though.
Started working on the dashboard too.

M & J

M & J

moezart

Very cool! I'm liking your work. Can't wait to see it completed.

Rickf1985

When are you going to put the front end back under it?

classicrockfanatic

I'm waiting to finish up the rear brakes, then I can bleed the whole system, with no brake drums to work around. I ran all new copper brake lines, new master cylinder and new hydrovacs. However the rear brake cylinders have been difficult to locate, I believe I found one source, but they ain't cheap.

In short, I've still got alot to buy before its rolling. But the progress continues.

M & J

Copper? Why not stainless or conventional tubing?
M & J

classicrockfanatic

Copper lasts forever, and its super easy to install, and flare.

Froggy1936

Sorry to dump on your parade  N:(  But Copper is not approved for hydraulic brake lines  There is now available a product that is easy to bend and lasts forever and is just as easy to work with as copper, You can buy a whole roll and have some left over Copper replacement lines will not pass state inspection in Pennsylvania  Copper does not have SAE approved burst strength for power asissted brake lines . :)ThmbUp    Frank

"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

classicrockfanatic

Its an amalgamation of copper and nickel, perhaps that makes up for the tensile strength. It's advertised to be as strong as steel

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A1WBWR2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rickf1985

1/4" brake lines on that thing?! I had questioned the "copper" brake lines in the past but then found out that the people were not using plumbing copper. This is copper alloy brake line and it is approved as replacement line.

CapnDirk

Classic:  Is one of your windshields bad?

The reason I ask is that the glass shop can make one since it's flat.  We used to do that when we had to replace a windshield on an old Freightliner.  In other words, you would not need to find a Winnebago replacement.

Just an FYI
"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

"I say we nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure"

classicrockfanatic

They're both fogged up, I was wondering about replacing them, but haven't gotten to that step quite yet.

classicrockfanatic

I appreciate the thought. Unfortunately these are not the droids, ergm I mean wheel cylinders, I'm looking for.
I could write a small novel about, how I believe these parts were once correct, but unfortunately they are no longer. the 134.62005 comes closest, with its diagonal hole pattern, however its made with a 1-3/4" bore, which is far too large to fit inside my brake assembly. My original wheel cylinders are 1-3/8" ( as shown in the picture ). By searching the original Wagner casting number, I was able to find
http://www.powerbrake-drivetrain.com/wagner-wheel-cylinder-fd9694-013/
but at over $100 a piece, and a grand total of 4 needed, I keep putting it off.

khantroll

That's strange. Those are the part numbers I used when I redid mine; I got them from Dave's site. Perhaps I got lucky and got old ones or something?

Sorry it wasn't helpful to you.

turbinebronze

Hi Classicrockfanatic,
  Please check on the part numbers pictured. I believe I replaced the same parts on my M375.  Two of them I bought from NAPA for $100 each, and the other two I bought on Amazon for around $30 each.
  Hope this helps, Craig.

classicrockfanatic

Thank you Craig  :)ThmbUp  Those look right, and I have not seen those part numbers yet. The prices have gone up a bit, but still lower than my original find. I'll order one and let you know!

turbinebronze

Not a problem! I just hope it helps. I stumbled across the part numbers....I found that the Napa numbers were the same, they just dropped the "WC" from the front of the number.  I know it's not like that with all there stuff.
  Good luck - and I hope you don't need any luck!
     Craig

Mayhem_audio

hi im matt  im going to cut my winne up
www.BaggedWinnebago.com
www.fb.com/BaggedWinnebago

Lima, Ohio 45807

I also have a CAPSLOCK PROBLEM

tmsnyder

Can you get a rebuild kit and just rebuild them?