Generator fuel pump location 84 windcruiser

Started by 46belowzero, September 13, 2016, 06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

46belowzero

I bought my rv without there being a fuel pump for the generator I haven't had a chance to get underneath and explore where would that be located and would a regular inline fuel pump work or does it have to be a specific type because I run Mr gasket inline fuel pumps on my race car and derby cars but I'm just wondering if the flow pressure would be to much.

Rickf1985

The pump will be on the generator (hence this should be in the generator section) and yes it would be too much.

46belowzero

Well now I know the location :)ThmbUp I don't know anything about anything yet haha I woulda been looking under on the frame rails forever

Rickf1985

What we really need is the model number of the generator, they used many different generators in these. The pump is usually mounted to the right side of the engine when looking in at it. Just follow the line back from the carburetor.

46belowzero

tiinytina

1984 on a P30 will most likely be a Onan emerald I or II if original...  right side of generator mounted on generator.  I installed a clear fuel filter on the line to it just so I can literally see flow/use...   any pumps near frame rails are most likely the secondary pump for the 454 on side/near the gas tank, there is supposedly one inside the tank too (though can't confirm this one)...   also note that your generator dip tube to main tank only reaches 75% to bottom to avoid running your rig out of gas to get down the road.   
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

46belowzero

cook elandan

That year may not have the intank fuel pump.  Look behind the passenger side rear wheel mounted in the frame rail and see if there is a small hole where the fuel pressure regulator would be mounted. If not there, then good chance no intank pump.

Rickf1985

Intank pumps also upgraded to 1/2" fuel line to the front.

legomybago

Quote from: cook elandan on September 15, 2016, 10:52 AM
That year may not have the intank fuel pump.  Look behind the passenger side rear wheel mounted in the frame rail and see if there is a small hole where the fuel pressure regulator would be mounted. If not there, then good chance no intank pump.
He's asking about his generator fuel pump....Not the 454. 1984 P30 does not have an in-tank pump either.
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

46belowzero

cook elandan

lego, was just replying to tina's comment for the in tank pump to clarify for that year.

legomybago

cook, I sometimes jump to conclusions.... W% lol
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

bluebird