Need 440 Alternator

Started by rockrdude, May 31, 2016, 04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockrdude

I have come to realize that I am completely missing the alternator in my Brave. Do I need a one pulley or two pulley alternator? I am having a hard time determining what size belt I need. Anyone willing to check theirs for a number to help me out? Thank you. I've never dealt with an alternator so this might be a challenge.
Travelin' Gav

Rollingmenace

I think It could depend on if you are running AC or not my d21 doesn't have AC I'll look and see what info I can see as far as belt size as soon as the rain lets up

TerryH

OK, I'm going to be one of the first to jump in here.
Are you in fact saying that your Brave 'has no alternator'?
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

rockrdude

I do have AC. Yes. Haha. I am completely missing an alternator. The brackets are there and that's it.
Travelin' Gav

TerryH

Quote from: rockrdude on May 31, 2016, 11:43 PM
I do have AC. Yes. Haha. I am completely missing an alternator. The brackets are there and that's it.
I'm not a Dodge dude, but if you are missing an alternator, you do have a significant problem. You are also missing at least one very important belt. I would strongly suggest you DO NOT TRY TO start the engine until you deal with this. More, and better information, as well as pics would help for assistance. I do assume that your original post is serious?
Please don't take offence, but your original query is a little different.
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

rockrdude

Thank you. I am just looking for information regarding the belt I need to purchase. Which original question are you referring to? The backstory is that I purchased this and had it towed to my house. I am slowly replacing what needs to be replaced. I went and saw one nearby about a different question I had and realized that I'm missing the alternator. A silly thing to overlook, I know, but there are plenty of other things stealing my attention.
Travelin' Gav

Wildman5977

as far as the alternator goes, you would want a 60-90 amp, and going to the local parts store, rather than asking for parts for your RV with a 440 motor, ask for your year and a d100 pickup with a 400/7.2 liter, the parts are the same

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

xerofall

Here's a picture of the belt that you asked for.

Oz

Awesome!  Now, if we can just figure out how to reach into that picture and get it....

D:oH!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca