HUD Wants to Make Living in a Tiny House or RV Illegal

Started by GONMAD, April 04, 2016, 10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GONMAD

This NEEDS to be addressed or thousands will be without our preferred style of living. Here is the link Folks.  Get involved or get screwed by the FEDS AGAIN!!!

http://www.dcclothesline.com/2016/04/02/hud-wants-to-make-living-in-a-tiny-house-or-rv-illegal/

legomybago

My friend owns 10 acres out in rural country, has septic, water well, a beautiful large shop, and it used to have an old house on it that he tore down. He rented the property and shop building to a friend who lived in a really nice Holiday Rambler 5th wheel. The County issued a warning letter to my friend who owned the property, that he (the owner) or no one could live on that property in an RV for no longer than 6 weeks, or maybe 4 weeks (I don't remember the exact time length). He called the county and they told him the only way to legally stay in an RV on your OWN property for a longer length of time, would require a building permit for a house on that property!! So needless to say, he had to tell his tenant to move and he lost income from renting the property. This was about 4 years ago. Southern OR. Not a lot of work, and housing is expensive.
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy